Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Japan - The Strange Country

I found this simple 10 minutes graphic video that presents a bit sarcastic (sometimes drastic) overview of present Japan. It has been created by Kenichi Tanaka.




Japan has been always puzzling me. On the one hand there is the traditional side - beautiful huts, cherry blossoms, geishas, kimonos and all that uncommon things that I would really love to see... but on the other hand Japanese culture scares me with manga, hello kitty, loud dance machines and streets like those from Lost in Translation... I mean I am far from judging a country that I have never been to and culture that i haven't experience but somewhat I agree with the author - Japan is a strange country.

When I was a child my grandparents brought me a present from their trip to Japan - it was a lollipop. It was a clear, see-through, sugar cube with a 2cm long, and fat, yellow worm inside. It was real. Strange country.

via spoon-tamago

No comments: